PEN International © 2017
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement

Myanmar: PEN Myanmar's Statement on the Formation of the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH)

jueves 11 febrero 2021 - 11:11am


Pen Myanmar Logo

7 February 2021

  1. PEN Myanmar expresses its full support for the formation of the committee representing elected members of the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw, which is mentioned in the statement 2/2021 issued on February 5, 2021 by the NLD members of the parliament.
  2. The statement declares that the committee was formed with fifteen elected members of the parliament in order to perform the duties entrusted by the citizens, to ensure the immediate and unconditional released of the arrested leaders including the president and the state counsellor, and to carry out the regular functions of the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw.
  3. PEN Myanmar also stand with the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw which will act as a committee responsible for the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw and to implement the statement 1/2021 issued on February 3, 2021 by the members of the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw, and use the authority of the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw to communicate and cooperate with the international community including the United Nations and to form a government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.

PEN Myanmar Centre


Background

The Pyidaungsu Hluttaw is Myanmar's national legislature. Bicameral in its composition with an upper house (Amyotha Hluttaw) and a lower house (Pyithu Hluttaw), 75% of its members are elected directly by the voting public, with the remaining 25% allocated to military personnel.



image_72192707.JPG#asset:9565