'Together we must shape a context for free expression in which all voices and stories have worth. Together we must challenge xenophobia and racism. Together we will shape a world with space for everyone and - as writers - it is with words and stories that we start.'
- from the Make Space mission statement.
Today we launch the briefing for our Make Space campaign. You can read the press release here.
Through our Make Space campaign, we will be:
• Creating opportunities to promote the writing of displaced and refugee writers
• Strengthening voices of displaced writers in global migration debates
• Broadening the impact and reach of our protection work with writers at risk
• Countering xenophobia and hate
Watch our interview with poet and translator Asieh Amini, who discusses migration as a mother, what it means to be 'an exile', and the world's shifting borders: